Luton mosques are working closely with Madinah Masjid and a range of community partners to organise an important seminar and workshop addressing serious violence, in particular, knife crime. The seminar will include presentations from a range of experienced voices followed by a workshop engaging parents, young people and the wider community. Speakers include:
- The mother of a Luton stab-victim who tragically died in March 2018
- Headteacher of one of the towns outstanding secondary schools
- An Imam who has been actively involved in mediating between rival gangs in inner-city London
- Local crime statistics, facts and figures from enforcement agencies and local neighbourhood watch leads
- Community leaders involved in leading local youth programmes
The event is open to all and will be held immediately after Asr prayers at 7pm on Thursday 19th July.