In the name of ALLAH with whose name, nothing in the heavens and the earth can Harm. He is the All Hearing and All Knowing.
There is UK-wide lockdown. Particularly as Muslims, we must act in accordance to government guidelines to ensure the safety of, not just ourselves, but all members of our community. Indeed, completing our civic duty with ihsan (excellence) is part of our deen. With this in mind, you must stay at home except for one of the following four reasons:
- Essential trips to supermarkets or shops
- One form of exercise per day (e.g. run/walk)
- Medical need or to provide care
- Travelling to and from work when absolutely necessary
If you don’t follow these rules our NHS won’t be able to cope and more people will die.
- You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms
- Wash your hands with soap/hand gel and water (20 seconds)
- Always wash your hands as soon as you get home
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or with your sleeve when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissue in the bin immediately and wash your hands
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands are not clean
- No gatherings of more than 2 people in public places
- If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
- Wipe down shopping and other delivery items
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough) you need to self-isolate for 7 days. If you get very unwell please call 111.
If you live with someone who has symptoms, you’ll need to self-isolate for 14 days from the day their symptoms started. This is because it can take 14 days for symptoms to appear.
Multi generation families should protect the vulnerable by following the above strictly. This is a time to have strong faith so please continue to pray for the whole community.