In response to the guidance from the government around social distancing, and to protect our patients and staff, we have an interim Visitors policy.
No visiting is allowed on any of our wards, with the exception of those visiting patients who are at the end of their life – families are asked to please check with the ward concerned about any end of life visits.
There are also exceptions in our Maternity and Children’s departments. You will be told if an exception applies to you.
We have set up a dedicated Inpatient Next of Kin helpline for family members who want to check up on their loved ones – please nominate one family member to call 01582 718884 between 8am and 7pm.
Involvement from the chaplaincy services
The Chaplains and Chaplaincy Team offer confidential support to all patients, visitors and staff, to everyone whatever they believe or not, of any faith or belief group – our service is here for, and open to, all offering a non-judgemental listening ear. They are available to listen when If you wish to speak to a member of the Chaplaincy Team there are a number of ways to contact them:
- Ring 01582 497370 and if you have to leave a message we will respond as soon as we can.
- Email email@example.com.
- There is an out of hours Duty Chaplain that can be contacted in urgent situations.
Food or other items being dropped off for those admitted to hospital
Essential items that people cannot do without such as nightwear, dressing gown, slippers, mobile phones, chargers and glasses can be dropped off at the hospital. We are unable to accept perishable food but packet food items are acceptable. We ask that the items are delivered in a bag that is not larger than the size of a carrier bag. Once these are with the patient, unfortunately, we are unable to accept any further drop offs at this time.
To drop something off you need to call the Inpatient Next of Kin helpline on 01582 718884 to discuss where to go.
Language provision and cultural support
The Trust uses DA Languages and has access to telephone interpreting 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- We are requesting rather than people go out and buy items, that they stay at home, stay safe and follow government guidance. This is to protect individuals and safeguard our staff, who we need to stay well. We are requesting instead that they make a donation via our just giving page. All funds received will support our front line staff with items above provision, to boost morale and support their wellbeing.https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/fundraising-helpyourlocalhospital
From companies or groups:
- We are collecting prepackaged foods, like chocolate, cakes, crisps, soft drinks to support the staff well-being hub. A space where front line staff can have recuperation and sustenance if when they need it. We are also disseminating these direct to Covid wards. We ask that donors contact the charity to discuss the donation and agree a drop off time in advance, we need to coordinate these donations. We operate a contactless drop off between 10 – 1pm most days except Sunday from a vehicle to be left outside phoenix house (turning into the hospital on calnwood road, opposite disabled car park pay station) – email –firstname.lastname@example.org or contact number – 07800 711370
- We are collecting toiletry items, soaps, tooth paste, tooth brushes, deodorant, brushes etc for staff who need to isolate away from their families. Drop off of these items is requested between 10 – 1pm, from a vehicle to be left outside phoenix house (turning into the hospital on calnwood road, opposite disabled car park pay station) – email –email@example.com or contact number – 07800 711370
PPE – please email fundraising @ldh.nhs.uk with items that may be supportive of our teams.
Below are PPE donations we can and can’t accept.
|PPE Item||Can we accept?|
|Homemade face masks||No. Unfortunately not due to Infection Control and Health and Safety reasons|
|Plastic visors||Yes. You can refer to the Charity to make arrangements to donate|
|Plastic goggles||Yes. You can refer to the Charity to make arrangements to donate|
|Laundry bags for used uniforms – for staff to place into at the end of each shift ready to take home and wash||Yes. We ask that you email our volunteer, Sarah Wiles who has agreed to provide patterns and guidance on these. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Knitted face masks clips||No. Unfortunately not due to Infection Control and Health and Safety reasons|
|Plastic face masks clips||Yes. You can refer to the Charity to make arrangements to donate.|
|Scrubs||Yes. We ask that you email our volunteer, Sarah Wiles who has agreed to provide patterns and guidance on these. email@example.com|
We offered this to staff initially but didn’t have a great demand for it. We have put together a list on internet of shops with priority shopping.
- If local shops are able to guarantee provision items for NHS staff. We are asking that they email with their details, what they can guarantee and quantities to :firstname.lastname@example.org
Ex Nurses / Doctors and health workers
- There has been a large push on asking nurses, doctors and healthworkers to join us. If you know anyone in this category who would like to work with us during the crisis. Please ask them to email: email@example.com
- 60% of our volunteers have needed to step back while the crisis unfolds, this is due to high risks or personal situation. We are currently supporting our current volunteers to continue where possible and have implemented a fast track process for those wishing to support our hospitals through this crisis. If people want to volunteer, then they need to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will record their details, this way we can arrange a phone interview and fast track them into support. Current areas needed: Staff well being hub (all days), phoenix house taking delivery and distribution of donations, Portering, Next of kin patient property support.
- General guidance: You can find more guidance on Coronavirus at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Advice to patients and visitors. Our advice to patients and visitors may change on a daily basis so for regular updates please check our website, and our social media accounts on Facebook @LandDHospital and Twitter @LandDHospital.